Up to 12 Mitchell Scholars between the ages of 18 and 30 are chosen annually through a highly rigorous process for one year of postgraduate study in any discipline offered by institutions of higher learning in Ireland (study in Northern Ireland is not currently an option through the Mitchell Scholarship).
Campus Deadline: September 5, 2017
National Deadline: September 29, 2017
- A U.S. Citizen
- Hold at least one undergraduate degree from a university in the United States
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age
- Exceptionally strong academic record, leadership experience, and sustained commitment to community and public service
- A personal statement (1,000 words)
- A description of the program of study; the institution of choice and why Ireland or Northern Ireland
- Four letters of recommendation; at least two must be academic in scope
- Official transcripts and a complete online application
- UT letter of endorsement following campus interview and selection as campus nominee
To initiate the UT campus application process for the Mitchell Scholarship, you must complete the campus pre-application and meet with ONSF.