Interested in applying for a scholarship or fellowship, but confused about where to start? Consider the following steps:
- Nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships can support a tremendously wide range of activities and are no longer “bookish” in the sense that they consider only academic merit. Scholarship programs expect students to be engaged in pursuits that extend and deepen their academic program and interests/goals/passions, such as relevant leadership activities, community projects and service, undergraduate research, and/or study and research abroad—in addition to strong (but rarely “perfect”) academic performance. Indeed, there is no perfect or even typical candidate. Review committees seek interesting applicants and consider the “whole person.”
- Take a look at our LIST OF SCHOLARSHIPS AND FELLOWSHIPS. Explore/read up on awards of interest. (Are you an international student? The asterisked opportunities apply to you!)
- Follow us on social media
- Check out our FAQ.
- Submit the form below to request an appointment. (ONSF’s “peak season” is late August to mid-October and then again the last three weeks of January. We will likely take more time to schedule an appointment with you during this time of year and appreciate your patience!) NOTE: We will continue to accept appointment requests during the coronavirus-required transition to online instruction. Once we establish an appointment time with you, we will send you an invitation to a Zoom appointment, with a link to connect to the meeting. Phone meetings are also an option, as needed. Please just let us know when you request your appointment.
- We also welcome friend/peer referrals from students. If you know UT students or recent graduates who might be strong potential awards candidates, you may refer them to ONSF using THIS FORM. We’ll take it from there!