This program provides undergraduate and graduate students with financial support, mentoring, and professional development to prepare them academically and professionally for a career in the U.S. Department of State’s Foreign Service.
Women, members of minority groups historically underrepresented in the Foreign Service, and students with financial need are encouraged to apply.
National Deadline: TBA
- Only individuals who are United States citizens.
- Applicants must be expecting to receive their bachelor’s degree or seeking admission to a U.S. graduate school by the start of the program.
- Applicants must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale at the time of application and this grade point average must be maintained throughout participation in the program.
- Applicants must enroll in a two-year, full-time master’s degree program, at U.S. based graduate institutions only, in an academic field relevant to the work of the Foreign Service (public policy, international affairs, public administration, business, economics, political science, sociology, or foreign languages) and be prepared to enter the Foreign Service in following the program.
- Applicants must be able to attend the summer orientation in Washington, D.C. if selected.
- Applicants must be available to fulfill the summer internship obligations during the program
Applicants must submit an online application, transcript, certification of US citizenship, GRE/GMAT scores (graduate applicants only), personal statement, resume, financial aid award letter, Student Aid Report, and two references.