Rhodes Scholars are chosen not only for their outstanding scholarly achievements, but for their character, commitment to others and to the common good, and for their potential for leadership in whatever domains their careers may lead.
The Rhodes Trust, a British charity established to honor the will and bequest of Cecil J. Rhodes, provides full financial support for Rhodes Scholars to pursue a degree or degrees at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom, including a second B.A., or advanced degree. The first American Rhodes Scholars entered Oxford in 1904.
If you are interested in applying for the Rhodes, Marshall, and/or Mitchell, please complete ONSF’s 2021 DECLARATION OF INTENT FORM today! ONSF will then follow up with you to schedule a consultation over Zoom and get you started on the application summer drafting process.
Campus Deadline: August
National Deadline: Early October
- U.S. Citizen; at least 18 and no more than 24 years of age; and finished undergraduate degree program
- A personal statement (1,000 words), including a description of the program of study; the department, faculty, research group and specific description of other resources exclusive to Oxford that will support your course of study and/or research efforts
- Five to eight letters of recommendation (it is highly recommended that you provide all eight letters of recommendations; four must be academic in nature)
- Official transcripts and a complete online application
- UT letter of endorsement following campus interview and selection as campus nominee
To initiate the UT campus application process for the Rhodes Scholarship, you must complete the campus pre-application and meet with ONSF.