The Yenching Academy provides a generous postgraduate scholarship that covers tuition fees, a travel stipend for one round-trip journey between each Scholar’s base city and Beijing, accommodations, and living costs on Peking University’s campus. The Academy offers a residential program aimed at creating a community of enthusiastic, globally oriented young innovators in the heart of China’s top university. Such close proximity to the academic infrastructure of Peking University provides a unique opportunity to participate and fully immerse oneself in the life of the university.
If you are interested in applying for the Schwarzman and/or Yenching, please complete ONSF’s 2020 DECLARATION OF INTENT FORM today! ONSF will then follow up with you to schedule a consultation over Zoom and get you started on the application summer drafting process.
National Deadline: Early December
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field, awarded no later than August of the year the award would begin;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of issues facing China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement and social responsibility;
- Leadership potential;
- English proficiency.
Applicants will be asked to create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions portal and submit the following materials in English:
- Completed online application;
- Personal statement (in English; 750 words or less);
- English Curriculum Vitae;
- Most recent official transcript;
- Two letters of recommendation;