UT Funding for Undergraduate Research
Summer Undergraduate Research Internships
The Office of Undergraduate Research fund a summer internship program to promote research and creative activity among undergraduate students. All current full-time undergraduate students enrolled at the Knoxville campus are eligible to apply. Register with the Office of Undergraduate Research to learn about social and professional development opportunities. All UTK students and those visiting from other schools engaged in undergraduate research activities and creative works are eligible to become Research Scholars — regardless of funding source or formal program affiliation.
Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education and Oak Ridge Associate Universities opportunities
ORNL/ORISE undergraduate opportunities are listed by subject.
Contact your department directly for assistance with off-setting travel to conferences, short-term research experiences, or related assistance.
National Funding for Undergraduate Research
A selection of nationally competitive opportunities specifically supporting undergraduate research activities:
- Amgen Scholars Program
- Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Junior Fellowship
- Department of Defense Science, Math and Research for Transformation Scholarship for Service Program (SMART)
- Fulbright US Student Program
- DAAD Research Internships in Science and Engineering (RISE)
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- NOAA Ernest F. Hollings Undergraduate Scholarship
- National Institutes of Health Undergraduate Scholarship
- National Institutes of Health Post-Baccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship
- Whitaker International Program